Keep your skin healthy by getting off the oils and debris from your face. Commercial facial cleansers are often too harsh and that’s why it is very important to use a gentle, natural soap and some essential oils. You can make a simple foaming soap cleanser that will keep your skin looking fresh.
- 1 cup distilled or filtered water
- ¼ cup Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Liquid Castile Soap
- 2 tbsp Argan Oil, Fractionated Coconut Oil or Sweet Almond Oil
- 15 drops of carrier oil
- 1 Foaming Soap Pump
Essential Oils to Use
For your foaming soap, you can use several combinations of essential oils. Many people chose sandalwood and frankincense because of their anti-aging properties.
You should consider other essential oils such as:
Lavender – It is great for all skin types, perfect for stressed skin, and helps heal skin irritations.
Geranium – Also great for all skin types, conditions skin, and balances oil production.
Basil – It is ideal for sensitive skin and soothes insect bites.
Frankincense – Tones and tightens skin, regenerates skin cells, improves elasticity, and helps with pigmentation.
Ylang Ylang – Stimulates cell growth to fight the effects of aging and treats oily or acne-prone skin.
Lemongrass – It is great for enhancing skin’s glow and reduces acne and large pores.
Sandalwood – Prevents sagging and aging skin and helps in shrinking skin pores.
Tea Tree – Beneficial for oily skin and great for acne.
Clary Sage – Regulates production of oil for both dry and oily skin. Moreover, it fights the signs of aging and reduces puffiness.
First get a pump-style dispenser which has two chambers- one pumps air into the dispensing unit and the other holds soap. It won’t be a problem for you to find one, especially online. You will use a lot less soap if using a foaming soap dispenser. The truth is that many people use way more liquid soap than is necessary. This option is economical, so why not give it a try?!
Making the Foaming Cleanser
- Fill your dispenser about 1/4 of the way full with the carrier oil you have chosen and liquid Castile soap.
- Then, add the essential oils and top it off with the water.
- Gently shake to mix after you insert the pump. In order to wash your face, you’ll need only a pump or two. After you use it, your skin will feel silky smooth.