It’s almost impossible to dodge stress. It’s everywhere – in the office, at home, and every time you go out. Anxiety is a general ailment these days, and some people struggle with a headache on a daily basis.
How do you manage your anxiety? Some take a cup of coffee, others light up a cigarette, and some drink wine (whiskey). These habits give a temporary “solution,” but the problem is still here.
Have you ever thought using essential oils to manage your problem? Lavender oil has over 150 active compounds, and it’s an outstanding antidepressant, anti-inflammatory agent and sedation agent.
Researches have shown that lavender essential oil serves great in the treatment of multiple conditions. It shows great outcomes when it’s used as a remedy for insomnia, alopecia, anxiety, stress and postoperative pain. Lavender has been studied for its antibacterial and antiviral effect, as reported by the University of Maryland Medical Center.
A study conducted at the University of Florida verified that lavender oil treats anxiety and lowers pulse rates. Surgery patients were treated with lavender-based aromatherapy, and it helped them decrease their stress levels before the surgery.
Use lavender oil to sleep properly, and neutralizes the negative impact of stress.
Health benefits provided by lavender essential oil:
- Lavender essential oil lifts the mood and provides a healthy work environment in hospitals.
- It shows excellent results in women who struggle with depression and anxiety when receiving dialysis treatment.
- Increases pain tolerance in both children and adults.
- Olfactory administration of lavender oil reduces anxiety and improves alertness.
- Reduces stress and anxiety levels in patients treated in the intensive care unit.
We recommend that you try lavender lemonade. It’s easy to make and will do wonders for your body and health.
Lavender lemonade relieves numerous conditions as:
- Depression and/or anxiety
- High blood pressure
- Insomnia or difficulty sleeping
The lavender essential oil has many other uses, too:
- Anti-inflammatory – Decreases inflammation in several parts of the body
- Antifungal – Use it to heal skin and nail infections
- Antiseptic — Cleanses skin of germs and other microorganisms
- Antibacterial – Destroys and suppresses bacterial growth
- Antimicrobial – Kills or inhibits dangerous microorganisms
- Antispasmodic – Relieves spasms (muscles)
- Analgesic – Relieves pain
- Detoxifier – Cleanses blood, purifies liver/kidneys
Here’s how to make lavender lemonade and refresh yourself. It has a sweet and tart taste, and honey gives it a sweet taste. Drink it throughout the day, and enjoy its brilliant effect.
- 1 cup raw honey
- 12 cups of pure water
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 6 lemons
- Lavender sprigs for garnish (optional)
Peel and juice six lemons. Combine the ingredients, and adjust the taste to your liking.
Last Updated on