After an exhausting day in the garden or after working out, you can try this relaxing sore muscle bath soak. Magnesium has a big influence on your health and on your mental well being.
However, a lack of magnesium can cause many diseases and other conditions. In addition to this, low levels of magnesium can lead to unbalance hormones, can affect your mood, or increase the stress and anxiety.
Using this soak can make you feel calmer and it will relax your muscles. The Epsom salt, which is contained in this muscle bath soak, has components that have pain-relieving properties. And also, the Epsom salt is a great way to increase the level of magnesium in your body and improve your health.
How to make this incredible bath soak?
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup dried peppermint leaves
- 1/4 cup dried lavender buds
- 1/4 cup dried *pine needles, chopped
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 6 x 6 inch square piece of muslin or cheesecloth
*Gather pine needles from trees around your house and neighborhood (make sure they are not sprayed with pesticides). Spread the needles on a towel for a couple of days until they are dry. If you prefer to skip the pine needles, you can substitute with 10 drops of fir needle essential oil.
How to make it
- Combine the Epsom salts, dried peppermint, lavender, and pine needles in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add 10 drops each of lavender and eucalyptus essential oils. Mix to combine.
- Scoop about a 1/4 cup of the sore muscle mix into the middle of the muslin cloth
- Use the twine to secure the bundle. Store the rest of the sore muscle mix in a glass jar with a lid.
How to use it
You can add a bag to the water as the tub fills. Or, steep it first in a cup of boiling water, then add the infused water to your bath. This bath soak is also perfect for helping to relieve nasal congestion and sore muscles due to colds. Be sure to make extra to have on hand during the cold and flu season.
This is a simple way to make a bath soak that can help you to feel relax and less anxious. It has a lot of health benefits that can improve not only your physical but also your mental health.
Last Updated on