Fancy cosmetics and beauty products often cost us a mini fortune, because we love taking care of our body and its healthy appearance. But even if the commercials are powerful in encouraging us to buy every single beauty product for its “unique properties”, we can find the alternative for almost every product in the most unusual place of them all- our own kitchen.
Imagine the fun and pleasure of making your own body scrub, peeling scrub, and even hair shining combination that you can adjust to your own preference.
Table of Contents
Here are 3 homemade beauty recipes that include only a few cheap ingredients, and are easy to make.
Sugar Sodium Bicarbonate Peeling
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons of baking soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons water
First mix the dry ingredients, the sugar and the baking soda, then add the oil and the water and stir thoroughly until you get a homogeneous mixture.
Apply to your legs before shaving them, scrub for 10 seconds, rinse and shave. Your legs will be smooth and gentle to touch.
Coffee grounds for Soft Hair
- For this recipe, you will need a plastic cup or any other cup that you can use repeatedly for this purpose.
- Put the amount of hair conditioner you usually use, into the cup.
- Take 2 teaspoons of used coffee grounds and mix them with your conditioner.
- Apply this to your hair and leave it for 3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. The result you’ll get is soft and shiny hair.
Vinegar and Honey Foot Treatment
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 2 liters of hot water
Pour the hot water into a basin. Add the apple cider vinegar, the baking soda, and the honey.
Mix this concoction well, then soak your feet for 10-15 minutes, or until the water cools down. Add more hot water if necessary.
This treatment will help your tired feet, the sodium bicarbonate antifungal properties will help fight off any signs of fungus, and the honey will mend your cracked heels.