Cabbage contains vitamin C, vitamin K, and potassium. Also, it has anti-inflammatory properties, and it can help you to fight against tumors. But that is not all, you could make a cabbage compress, too.
- Cabbage (Organic; preferably red)
- Gauze or Bandage
- Aluminum foil
- Rolling pin/wine bottle/meat hammer
How to make a cabbage compress
- Peel away an outer leaf of the cabbage and wash thoroughly.
- Dry the leaf thoroughly and cut out the hard stem.
- Place the cabbage leaf on the counter and with a rolling pin bruise the leaf to release the juice within.
- Wrap cabbage in foil and place in the oven for a few minutes to warm them, but not make them hot.
- Place cabbage directly over the affected area of your body.
- Cover the leave with bandage or gauze and elevate the area.
- Keep cabbage compress on for up to an hour. Repeat 2-3 times per day and change cabbage leaf every time. You should start to feel the benefits by the next day.
- Optional: To make a cold compress, refrigerate the cabbage before you begin the process above, and skip step 4).
It is better to use red cabbage because it contains anthocyanins that can help you to eliminate the joint pain and even the inflammation.
But, you have to be careful if you have a swelling or itching where the cabbage is, then you have to remove it immediately because it means that you are allergic to cabbage, despite the fact that cabbage allergies are rare.
Cabbage can be used for healing swollen and bruised skin. It contains vitamins such as vitamin C and vitamin K, anthocyanins, phytonutrients and glutamine. They have anti-inflammatory benefits that can help you to reduce the joint pain or heal any other arthritis and sports injuries.
Because of its health benefits, you can use cabbage in so many ways that can help you to improve your health and reduce the injuries. You can find cabbage everywhere and it is really easy to wrap your leg with cabbage leaves for 1 hour and reduce the joint pain.