Turmeric bombs are a healthy dish that has countless health benefits. They contain anti-inflammatory benefits and antioxidant properties. With one bite you can reduce arthritis, the cholesterol, boost the immune system, and even improve your digestion.
The powerful impact of turmeric
Turmeric is an ancient spice that has been used for its therapeutic properties and it is much more than just a culinary delight. The impact of turmeric is linked with the curcumin. Curcumin has powerful nutritional benefits.
The turmeric’s health benefits are connected to its ability to reduce inflammation. Furthermore, it has an ability to heal wounds, alleviate pain, slow the aging process, boost cognitive ability, to protect the digestive tract, increase the metabolism, alleviate menstruation symptoms, and even improve the skin. Turmeric has a big influence in slowing the tumors growth, and even eliminating depression.
The medicinal value of Raw Honey
Honey has been used for years because of its antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties. The raw honey is full of health benefits including the antioxidants which are known as phenolic compounds. The raw honey may have as many antioxidants as vegetables and fruits. It has an ability to protect us from the cellular damage that can be caused by the free radicals.
Besides this healthy recipe, you can use the turmeric in a curry or a soup. But, you should take at least 1-2 tablespoons of a turmeric supplement a day. You can mix the powder with honey and make it into a pill form.
If you want to relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies you can mix turmeric with local, raw honey.
How to make the Turmeric Bombs
- ⅓ cup ground turmeric – We used 365 Ground Turmeric because it was already in the cupboard, but it might be worth buying turmeric powder in bulk – such as this one pound bag of Starwest Botanicals Turmeric Powder.
- 3 tbs raw honey – such as Nature Nate’s 100% Unfiltered Raw Honey
- Cookie sheet and parchment paper or a baking mat.
You can follow the steps below.
- Mix three tablespoons of raw honey and ⅓ cup ground turmeric in a glass bowl.
- Stir until the mixture has a peanut butter consistency – add honey or turmeric as needed.
- Roll into bite-size pieces and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Once you have the bite-size pieces rolled and on your cookie sheet, freeze them for at least two hours. You can then transfer the balls to an alternate container for storage – make sure you keep them in the freezer thoug
- If you want you can use coconut oil instead of honey.
- Just make sure to freeze on a cookie sheet to harden before use.
You can take one of these Turmeric Bombs every day in order to protect and boost your immune system.