For those of you who like making their balms and ointments at home, today we will reveal an old Indian traditional medicine recipe. This is a several- century old recipe that will do wonders for your joint pain and sore muscles. It is a simple combination of easily available ingredients that work together miraculously.
- 4 oz. glass jar
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of beeswax
- ¼ cup of raw cocoa butter
- 2 teaspoons of Cayenne powder (preferably organic)
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder (preferably organic)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (preferably organic)
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Mix the coconut oil, beeswax, and cocoa butter in a glass container
- Place into a saucepan with 3 inches of water
- Let the water simmer, while stirring the mixture until the ingredients melt
- Add the cayenne, ginger, and turmeric and stir for a few minutes
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the peppermint essential oil
- Transfer the mixture to a glass jar and let it cool down before placing a lid on top
- Use the rub as needed
Pain relieving effects:
Capsaicin is the active ingredient in cayenne pepper. It is a compound that has a role in our body’s mechanisms for feeling pain. To be more precise it will densify the pain, so we will not feel it as strongly. Furthermore, it causes dilatation of the blood vessels, which will enable more anti-inflammatory cells to be brought to the concerned area. This effect is only enhanced by the antiseptic properties of the coconut oil, the cooling effect of peppermint, and the strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics of ginger and turmeric.
Prepare this natural ointment at home with high-quality ingredients. You will enjoy its effect without worrying that you are exposed to any toxic compounds. I strongly recommend using organic ingredients.