Freshen up your linen closet and add a scent boost to your bed sheets by using a linen spray. Use your favorite essential oil combinations or do with a classic like lavender. The lavender linen spray is perfect for spritzing on your pillows before bed because lavender is known to help with anxiety, stress, nervousness, and sleeplessness. This spray can help for sure for those who have trouble sleeping.
Start making your own linen sprays, here is why:
- Less Expensive. It will cost you nothing in comparison with the linen sprays you can find in the stores.
- Get the Scent You Want. It’s easy to customize a blend to exactly the scent you want if you make your own linen spray. For example, you can make it sweet and spicy, or citrusy. You can make a linen spray which will help you calm and relax. The best thing is that you don’t need to go to the store to get what you want.
- No Chemicals, Toxins, or Artificial Fragrances. The fabric refreshers are loaded with chemicals, toxins, and artificial fragrances, but if you make your own linen spray you can control all of that.
Simple Homemade Lavender Linen Spray Recipe
- Glass spray bottle
- 1-ounce witch hazel or vodka
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 ounces distilled water
- Small funnel of cup with a spout
Start with distilled or filtered water because in that way the water will not leave behind any residue after it evaporates. Also, your mixture will last longer if you use distilled water. Add the witch hazel which will help the mixture evaporate faster and help preserve it. Then add 10 drops of lavender essential oil to the mixture and pour it into a glass spray bottle.
How to Use Linen Spray
To help keep linens smelling fresh you should sprit your linens before bedtime or sprits your linen closest periodically. Linen sprays are great for large items that can not be run through the washer like sofas, rugs, and stuffed animals. That’s the best thing about this sprays. Linen sprays work against the bacteria that cause unpleasant odors, not just mask them.
These are other combinations of essential oils that we recommend you to try for your linen spray:
# Energizing: rosemary, peppermint, lemon, orange, grapefruit and tea tree.
# Uplifting: bergamot, orange, grapefruit, and ylang-ylang.
# Calming and Anxiety: lavender, chamomile, marjoram, and frankincense.