People face illness whenever their immune system is not working properly. There are two parts of the immune system which complement each other-the innate immune system and the adaptive immune system. The first one works as a general defense against pathogens and the other one targets very specific pathogens.
TOP IMMUNE SYSTEM BOOSTERS
Vitamins, minerals, and herbs! Here is why you need them and how important they are!
- MULTIVITAMIN/MINERAL- A good multivitamin is a great way to cover the basic vitamins and minerals your body needs for day-to-day functions and you should get one right away.
- VITAMIN D3- You can’t get the needed amount of this vitamin through food, so you must look for an adequate supplement during winter.
- VITAMIN C- Probably the most popular vitamin, especially in supporting the immune system. On daily basis, you should intake 500-1000mg of vitamin C.
- ZINC CITRATE- Consume more foods high in this nutrient such as seafood, red meat, and pumpkin seeds. Also, you can take an additional supplement.
- FISH OIL- Cod liver oil contains good fats, vitamin A, and D for added immune protection.
- GINGER- Ginger cleanse the lymphatic system and helps to break down the accumulation of toxins in our organs. It also has the ability to treat inflammatory disorders.
- OREGANO- Popular for its healing and immune-boosting properties.
Fight Colds Naturally
- Exercise. 30-45 minutes of exercise helps boost the immune system.
Keep your body hydrated.
- Avoid simple sugars, including sweet treats and desserts, white flour and refined grain products.
Include more proteins in each meal.
- Garlic, onions, ginger, and spices should be part of your nutrition. Add them to your meals as much as you can. Oregano and turmeric are highly recommended.
- Eat colorful fruits and vegetables as much as you can. They are high in vitamins C, A, and phytonutrients that support the immune system.
- Sleep well. The exercising will also help you attain quality sleeping habits.
Final Thoughts: There is a simple way to improve your overall health and boost your immune system. Change your habits, start eating healthy, exercise, sleep, drink fluids and laugh more often..